[FRIAM] Was: Abduction; Is Now: Dionysian and Apollonian Lives

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:36:18 EST 2019

Since one of my dead horses is artificial discretization, I've always wondered what it's like to work in many-valued logics.  So, proof by contradiction would change from [not-true => false] to [not-0 => {1,2,..,n}], assuming a discretized set of values {0..n}.  But is there a continuous "many valued" logic, where any proposition can be evaluated to take on some sub-region of a continuous set?  So, proof by contradiction would become something like [not∈{-∞,0} => ∈{0+ε,∞}]?

--
☣ uǝlƃ