[FRIAM] Statistical poser (aka fact checking is hard)

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Jan 2 14:47:02 EST 2019

It is to this point that I prefer to think in terms of "neurodiverse"
rather than "mentally ill".   Your definitions here respond more to my
idea of "sociopathy".    I don't think of sociopaths as being mentally
ill, just not good members of the society they find themselves in.
Most *L*ibertarians I know seem to be on the verge of sociopathy as a
matter of honor.

There has been a move afoot to recognize the selection value of
neurodiversity in a group and to de-stigmatize or de-pathologize what
was previously considered dis-ease or dys-function.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/23/books/review/neurotribes-by-steve-silberman.html