[FRIAM] models, reality, etc.

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:51:20 EST 2019

Dave asked how valid it was to claim "every experiencer's behavior will be
grounded on the interpretations, not the 'raw data'."

I think the answer has to be: Centuries of effort to try to nail that down
how we "interpret" "raw data" can only be resolved by recognizing that
whatever we mean by "raw data" is, at best,  what is seen from an
additional point of view,  which we have no a priori reason to privilege in
the way that terminology intends.
(William James waves from the corner of the room. )