[FRIAM] Modeling 4chan: roles, topics, beliefs, strawman, anonymity, etc.

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:55:24 EST 2019

OK. Again, I don't think I disagree with (what I think) you're saying.  But I am having trouble understanding why this is related to the difference between an undercover LEO versus a method actor. Are you willing to connect the dots more explicitly?

Although I agree with the gist of what you've said just below, I disagree with the (apparent) implication that an actor gets their story from *the* play/movie script.  From what I've heard, an actor has to dig into their private, more grounded, stories in order to do a good job exhibiting the emotion the play/movie script (and the director in particular) need.  Pile that ambiguity underneath the ambiguity that any good play/movie will *also* rely on the private stories inside the audience members.  And that goes beyond merely ambiguous endings or director/theater cuts.  It might lie in every inflection and movement of the actor(s).  An actor *without* a backstory, more finely granulated, than that presented in the script alone, will likely give a flatter/2D performance.  Even if (or especially because) the audience member can't "feel like"/empathize with the actor, they will likely have (or not) a "believability" or "suspension of disbelief" that percolates through the performance.

--
☣ uǝlƃ