[FRIAM] YIKES!: Coronavirus New Mexico numbers.xlsx

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Apr 2 14:31:49 EDT 2020

Glen writes:

< Can the sub-models coupled like in the paper be in different phases? Or is the coupling "tight" such that a transition in one sub-system forces a transition everywhere? >

One might have a situation like below where the bond strengths between molecules were gradually getting weaker, giving the effect of an increasing temperature.   If the logical operations (as described) were in place of H2O, then the "molecules" would be a bit more complex and retain at least the same relative magnitudes between the bonds, but some of the bonds between the logical operations could be relaxed.   At a high level, to your question, the metaphor that comes to mind is ice cubes in a cup of water.