[FRIAM] curiosities ...

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:37:19 EDT 2020

QB: I can't find it now. But there was a fantastic survey paper on several places where quantum superposition affected (central or not) biological processes. I'll look for it when I get the chance. It's probable a bit old now ... 2014 maybe.

FS: There's an important role for regulating one's intensity. I can justify the 52% vs 32% by saying Trump is a threat to democracy, yet Biden is not. If the poll asked about, say, Bernie or Warren, then the ratios would probably be more similar.

Is there such a thing as the Tyranny of the "Woke"? No. The reason I say that is not because it *couldn't* happen, but because it *hasn't* happened. I'll take the tack the atheists take. These "woke" people won't shoot you in the face if you disagree with them. The neanderthals we call "far right" *will* shoot you in the face (or run over you with their car) if you disagree with them. We see this all over the place today ... carrying guns to their "protests", pulling handguns on people who ask them to wear masks in Walmart, etc. The worst I get when I offend a snowflake is lots of frowns and name-calling. The worst I've had when I offend a right winger is literally death threats, weapons brandished ... along with spitting in my face, lots of name-calling, etc.

If you really go out and get some experience offending people face-to-face, you'll *feel* the difference. I'll take 1000 offended "woke" over a single offended right winger any day.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ