[FRIAM] vaccine

glen ep ropella gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 01:55:10 EDT 2020

Of course we get angry when some part of our toolchain breaks! The important attribute, though, is the extent to which we can debug and rebuild it. My point is the CDC isn't a monolith. And I argue the processes upon which it's built are transparent enough that its breakage shouldn't be that hard to recover from. Its composing members are deeply committed people, committed to doing the right thing, trying to help the world. While I agree incompetence and malfeasance can be damaging, I have faith in the overwhelming majority of those people to continue the work they do. And to whatever tiny extent I can, I'll help them do that work.