[FRIAM] if by 'populism' he meant ...

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:18:32 EST 2020

I first heard the word extensively as a description of the appeal of Huey
Long.  He was a Louisiana farm boy who didn't like city people.  As
governor he ordered the National Guard to occupy New Orleans' City Hall.
They set up machine guns in the hallways.

See

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1565543033/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_MT34Fb7PP3SNJ

He was famous for the campaign slogan, "A chicken in every pot."

Frank
---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,