[FRIAM] Abduction and Introspection

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 12:51:40 EST 2020

Hi, Steve,

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Steven A Smith
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:47 AM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Abduction and Introspection

☣ -

Well, your abstract seems to assume something akin to coherence, the idea that whatever's doing the introspection is a whole/atomic thing perceiving that whole/atomic thing. I think we know that established types of self-perception (proprio-, entero-) consist of one sub-component monitoring another sub-component. It's not clear to me whether you intend to address that part-whole aspect of self-perception or not. But if you don't address it, *I* won't be satisfied with whatever you write. 8^)

Indulging in a "pre-buttal", are we? ;^)

- ⏰