[FRIAM] Thanks again Marcus

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 12:01:43 EDT 2020

I understand, Jon.  Do you Nick?  I think (hope) he understands my
explanation.

A clarification between me and you, Jon.  A rational number isn't literally
a real number but the field of rational numbers is isomorphic to a subfield
of the field of real numbers so it makes sense to identify a rational
number with its image under that isomorphism.

Can you explain the assertion that real numbers aren't real?  Obviously the
scientists and engineers who compute the trajectory of a probe to the outer
reaches of the Solar System don't choose among algorithms to compute the
nth digit of pi and other real numbers.

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly