[FRIAM] Trump as a victim

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:49:52 EDT 2020

Dave West wrote:

In my opinion only.

Whose else?

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Prof David West
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 4:08 PM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Trump as a victim

AMA should get credit for what they do that is creditworthy.

They should also be chastised, to a lesser but somewhat lesser degree, for
the harm caused when they assume the role of a "union" protecting members at
all cost. "Bad" doctors are more likely to be incompetent or impaired than
evil. That said, there is a lot of similarity between what police unions do
to protect  those who should be drummed out and doctors that should lose
licenses.

In my opinion only.

davew

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020, at 3:40 PM, jon zingale wrote:

> I think I agree about the AMA deserving credit for the very good work

> they perform. They train very good doctors. Since in life it appears

> we only get to perform "Quality Assurance" in production, I am

> dismayed to see that we have uncovered more than a few bugs in our

> democratic process recently. I cannot help but wonder with what

> probability a quiet, thoughtful, compassionate, homely, and capable

> individual is predicted to be president, or with what frequency one can
expect the nation to need one.

<http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com>