[FRIAM] Tangled up in our own 2nd Amendment? Bleak Lives Manner?

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Jan 6 15:32:28 EST 2021

Fascinating juxtaposition of Trumpsters inserting themselves into the
Capitol building with other stories/factoids such as Broebert from CO
claiming her "right" to carry a firearm in the Capitol Building (1967
ruling allows for that?) but also implying she was going to swagger
around DC with it in spite of their very restrictive rules:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_District_of_Columbia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/boebert-capitol-guns/2021/01/04/a59f70f8-4e9d-11eb-83e3-322644d82356_story.html

I'm surprised that the Capitol Police (tactically/emotionally?) were not
prepared to prevent/repel this kind of intrusion.   While most news
outlets describe the events to the moment as "peaceful",  I suspect that
if they had been more strongly resisted/repelled, the illusion of peace
(forcing yourselves past a security checkpoint is a sort of violence
even if law enforcement don't choose to assert *their* franchise on
violence to prevent that) would have evaporated in a fog of tear-gas
punctuated with flash-bangs and riot-shields/clubs/boots striking
flesh... Kinda like Trump's "walk of shame" to the church this summer.

Mary just showed me a clip on her phone of men in Proud Boy Regalia and
others in Maga-Drag fighting with (Capitol/DC/?) cops....

Also in "real time" we just heard that there was one person taken out of
the Capitol on a Gurney (bleeding) and that one person was shot inside
the Capitol Building by Law Enforcement (same person?)...

Back to the 2nd Amendment, I keep expecting to hear that one (or more)
of the members of Congress pull their 2nd Amendment Rights out of their
(presumably locked cases?) and plug some of the crazies?

I normally cultivate my Morbid Fascination, but even I am finding this a
little bit "too much".