[FRIAM] Fallback in barbarism

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:38:01 EST 2021

The pictures of some cops taking selfies with the mobsters fits the narrative that many cops are sympathetic. https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/washington-dc-election-riots/h_bf082e3fc62f47230f3e22c8d188f80d

I'm skeptical, though. Sicknick died from his injuries, which doesn't fit the narrative. It's a bit like the accusations the PDX cops coordinated more with right wing protest organizers than with antifa or BLM protest organizers. I'm skeptical of those stories, too. In the end, it's most effective to provisionally assume the cops (and everyone else, including the morons with confederate flags) are operating in good faith. But like with your empathy thread, when they get out of line, you can't hesitate to clip it. So the resignations of the chiefs and sergeants-at-arms is the right thing.

Re: one of the articles I included yesterday, the WA 3% called off their occupation of the Olympia Capitol:  https://www.theolympian.com/news/state/washington/article248362845.html
But, to me, that further signals they're *not* just a bunch of yahoos. They're organizing and their intent is suspect.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ