[FRIAM] Fallback in barbarism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Jan 9 18:02:48 EST 2021

Steve writes:

< If we are playing man-on-man, have you picked out the people in your world you are ready to take head-on (or blindside) to shut down?  I think the ratio of  White to Black Hats is at beyond 4:1 in our favor even in these dark days.  >

A lot of people are just kind of along for the ride, and they are consensus seekers, and will conform to whatever the local norm is.   They just don't seem to care what is true.   Their boss will tell what to do, and then they will do it.  They like and want it that way.

So I don’t really count person-by-person.   I see it as party politics.  There's a baseline story that's needed for the consensus group, to head them off in the right direction.   That was damaged by Trump.   The idea that we in the U.S. are a good, if flawed, people that will strive for progress and shared principles and our growth and power is for the betterment of the planet.   Obama talked about it in every state of the union speech.   Some get that baseline script from their church, and they couldn't build it up for themselves.  I'll ignore 2 of your 4 because they are sheep (both left and right leaning).   Maintain the institutions, and these people will snap back into place.    Make sure people see capitol stormers as criminals as terrorists and then we are in good shape.

Others will withhold socially unpopular views, and only come out in the light of day with their biases when the political winds make it safe to do so.   After Trump was elected, there seemed to be Fox News fans I never would have expected in the halls, even in "that side" of LANL.   Some of them are not really interested in ideology or governance, and they'll go about their business no matter what happens.    These are dominator type personalities.  They want to strengthen their place in the world, and so are right-leaning because that aligns better.   There would be no point in arguing with these people because we basically don't have the same world view.  They don't fight for their place in the world to keep from drowning, they fight because that's a way to engage that makes sense to them.  A lot of the white men that support Trump are in this category, I think.

Then there are the thought leaders on the other side who provide the frameworks and facilities for indoctrination.   Again, there is no persuasion there, it is just a question of who has the best lawyers.

As for bar fights, I don't really see the urgency. Duck out the back.  Maybe they will kill each other, and the problem will be solved.

Marcus