[FRIAM] Rotary Cell Phone (Description and Build)

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:37:45 EST 2021

Perhaps. Though I do find it sad that synthesizer design (for instance) so
quickly converged onto piano-like interfaces and the occasional switch pad.
For a moment there in the 70s and 80s, thanks to explorative minds of people
like the writers of ElectroNotes, there was the possibility of something
more and not simply by novelty. I would often enjoy flipping through the
journal and reading about reeded interfaces with nonlinear regimes and ideas
that seemed to get closer to the heart of what it means to be an instrument.
Wrestling and smacking the body of an acoustic instrument is nothing like
wrestling and smacking the body of a Casio keyboard.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/