[FRIAM] The epiphenomenality relation

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:09:22 EST 2021

Glen.

I think I disagree with:

They can't, by definition. If some effect *looks* like an epiphenomenon to you, it's because *you* imputed your model onto it. It's a clear cut case of reification.

Just because it is your flashlight that illuminates an object does not mean that the structure is not a real property of the object.  It goes with out saying that all structures are revealed by points of view.  The game is discovering structures that endure across points of view.

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/