[FRIAM] EU travel

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Sat Jun 4 12:47:44 EDT 2022

I just bought a paperback copy of "The Dawn of Everything" from Graeber and Wengrow. One thing I don't like is that the authors have apparently a political agenda, since Graber was a founder of the Occupy movement. On the other hand there is no book so bad that it does not contain something interesting, as Cervantes says. It does contain some interesting ideas about Teotihuacan and the Maya. But I have not read it completely yet. It is 500 pages long.-J.
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Smith <sasmyth at swcp.com> Date: 6/4/22  11:24  (GMT+01:00) To: friam at redfish.com Subject: Re: [FRIAM] EU travel
    Regarding my diatribe below my logistics:
    I've been (re) reading Graeber's "Dawn of Everything" and would
      be interested to hear other's thoughts who might have read him as
      well.
    My own read is that he is even snarkier about "establishment
      scientists" in his domain of interest than he was in "Debt" but I
      do appreciate his thorough fact-gathering and (alternative)
      analysis.  His conclusions are often a bit hard to swallow
      (especially in the shadow of his criticism of others), but not
      without merit in many cases.
    - Steve