[FRIAM] war footing

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Mar 2 17:59:43 EST 2022

I like this conception, something ill-formed like this has been brewing
inside of me also.

I thought COVID would be an opportunity to refactor lots of things from
noticing how much relief wildlife (esp.  whales?) experienced from our
"cooling our jets" to  making telecommuting a reality for those who have
no good reason to schlep their bodies (and oversized vehicles) to the
workplace daily to refactor 2 income homes to 1 or 1.5 income homes.
But it looks like we are backsliding on all of those if not actually
making up for lost time?   Maybe the "great Resignation" belies that...

I like to hope that the net effect of Putin's nonsense on the heels of
Trump&Co's nonsense is that everyone else might actually get fed up with
Authoritarian capriciousness and do what it takes to shove it out the
airlock and get on with our lives w/o so much of the toxic
something-ulinity.