[FRIAM] Call blockers

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:37:49 EDT 2023

I think Google has stopped its telephone service. It got enough samples of
voices to train its systems and needs no more.

It's fairly easy to turn a phone that supports voice mail and caller ID
into a call blocker.

   - Have the phone answer on the first ring.
   - Record your message saying that this is a screening and voice mail
   system. Instruct people to introduce themselves. Tell them that if no one
   answers, they should continue with their message.
   - When the phone rings, look at the screen to see who's calling and
   listen to the self-introduction. Then decide if you want to answer.

Virtually all spam callers will either hang up before identifying
themselves or identify themselves in such a way that you know not to answer.

-- Russ