[FRIAM] Breaking Bad and Free Will

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:13:44 EST 2024

I enjoyed this brief assessment of subjective probability/plausibility:

https://home.snafu.de/erich/ibe_2023.pdf

And I kindasortamaybe agree with their conclusion in favor of "convergence":

"Convergence: Traditional epistemic values can over time yield evaluations of theories differing from those of subjective plausibility and probability, yet theories that count as overall epistemically best at a time must in finitely many steps revise to theories that are most likely true given the available evidence."

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ