[FRIAM] Breaking Bad and Free Will

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:18:57 EST 2024

You're probably more competent at parsing it than I am, which is why I said "enjoyed" rather than some other stronger description of my reaction. But when you say "plain language" and "common sense", I blanch a bit. I thought they were talking about things like actual truth, truth-following, reliability, justifiability (which I think of as "walkable", i.e. you can parse it to find where a false belief went wrong), etc. I think their "convergence" is simply saying that subjective [proba|plausi]bility provides a better platform unless those traditional values converge. But it's possible he's saying the traditional value scoring has to guide the theories toward subjective [proba|plausi]bility. Had I more energy, I'd spend the time to figure that out. Maybe you can simply tell me what it means. >8^D

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ