[FRIAM] To what questions can't an LLM in principle respond to?

steve smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Jul 12 17:36:47 EDT 2024

On 7/12/24 1:10 PM, Russ Abbott wrote:
> Yann Lecun points out that an LLM will take the same number of steps
> to construct its response to any input. So, in principle, an LLM can't
> respond to any question that requires more than a fixed finite number
> of steps.

https://medium.com/towards-data-science/prompt-engineering-for-cognitive-flexibility-44e490e3473d

deep in the heart of this article is an interesting play off between
endogenous (model) and exogenous (human-prompter) structure  I haven't
followed any references yet but appreciate that there are folks doing
these types of experimentation...