[FRIAM] Does Dusty Love Dave, and VV.

steve smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Jul 19 12:13:47 EDT 2024

Dave -
> I do have lots of stories about self-awareness in a variety of
> contexts. All of them lead to the conclusion that, "I" am NOT /"one of
> those that others are." (obviously there is some marginal overlap)/
>
> Of course this is based entirely on what 'others' are willing/able to
> publicly reveal about them*S*elves.

I was once much more of your experience "I" am NOT /"one of those that
others are." /.

The more I observe others (ranging from mountains and rivers through
mosquito larvae, dragonflies, fish, Cyd and Hank and the myriad people I
encounter in my life who are significantly *different* from me
superficially), the more I recognize myself as a pointillist painting of
those myriad reflections.

Your final statement about *S*elf revealment made me think of the
classic "I am who you think I think I am" (Ginsberg?)

- Steve

<vaguelyRelevantPostScript>

    Watching the sea of red hats at the Trump Rally (erh... RNC
    acceptance ramble (erh... speech)) last night with all their bright
    shiny faces upturned adoringly glancing around the room for
    self-reflection confirmation/feedback. "LASE"ing as it were?    For
    those here who might hate on the Left as well, I think it is this
    what makes people hateful toward "wokeness" or "PC" before it.   At
    least it isn't the general intention or tenor of the ideas they
    represent but rather the way the mechanism seems to generate huge
    amplification of the Pump source.

    We are who you think we think we are?