[FRIAM] Does Dusty Love Dave, and VV.

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 19 11:40:24 EDT 2024

I agree with glen that inter-individual interactions/observations will not get to where Nick seems to want to go. Because that was the stated starting point of the thread, I went along, to see if i was wrong.

Nick: *"For me;  the heartland of self-consciousness would be an awareness on the part of an agent, that  A is one of those  that others are.  I am trying to think what sort of anecdote would elicit such an experience."*

I can offer no anecdotes to assist. I do have lots of stories about self-awareness in a variety of contexts. All of them lead to the conclusion that, "I" am NOT *"one of those that others are." (obviously there is some marginal overlap)*

Of course this is based entirely on what 'others' are willing/able to publicly reveal about them*S*elves.

davew