[FRIAM] New Mexican's Sunday's story on education proficiency

Nicholas Thompson thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 23:32:54 EDT 2024

Hi   Jon,

As a Peircean, I neverdoubted it for a minute.  A true ;roposition is one upon which we will agree in the very long run.  A real thing is any concept about which a true proposition can be uttered.   I think that makes numbers, and right triangles real given that 3^2 + 4^2 = 5^2 and  that the squire upon the hippopotamus is equal to the son of the squires on the other two hides. So they are real even though we will neverever touch one.

Weird.

Nick