[FRIAM] Writing and Civilization and AI, oh my!

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jul 26 12:14:20 EDT 2024

< Particularly galling to me is the deprecation and dismissal of any human knowledge, wisdom, experience ... that cannot be reduced to mere words and abstract symbols. The epitome of this is the conceit that AI—which is nothing more than the algorithmic manipulation of abstract meaningless tokens is somehow "equivalent" to human intelligence.>

The conceit of humans, thinking their low energy, low frequency, lossy biochemical system can compete with tens of thousands of 80 billion-transistor GPUs each running a billion operations a second.