[FRIAM] Writing and Civilization and AI, oh my!

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jul 26 19:42:12 EDT 2024

It is not necessary to put it into words.  A robot built on a deep neural net or a reinforcement learning system could have sensors across the electromagnetic spectrum of whatever resolution, and as it accumulated experiences it would learn to associate red with flowers, heating elements, blood of animals, decorative clothing, stop signs, etc.   Whatever latent representation it used to connect those experiences is not important, and different robots could have different latent representations.   However, each could learn bounds on the frequency range to classify what other agents called red.  If one saved the weights and biases of the neural nets to files and compared the two networks, one might find a topologically similar pattern that arose from the frequency range.  That shared topology, if any, could be called the qualia of red.