[FRIAM] AI art

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Mon Jun 24 14:11:50 EDT 2024

AI is making strides on many exciting fronts, and one particularly
intriguing development is the emergence of autonomous agents. Imagine
having an AI companion with a distinct personality as your personal "buddy"
– it’s like having your own digital sidekick!

Now, think about the impact this could have. There are many lonely folks
out there, and these AI buddies could really brighten their days. They’d be
like digital cheerleaders, always there to lift spirits and share a laugh.
I don't want to downplay this potential – it’s a genuinely wonderful use
case. However, I must point out that, in my humble opinion, this isn't
quite the same as enjoying the warmth and depth of real human relationships.

Picture a future where AI is quietly working behind the scenes, ensuring
everyone's material well-being is taken care of. Meanwhile, humans could
live in small, close-knit communities, focusing on creative pursuits and
building fulfilling relationships with each other. No need to compete with
our AI buddies – just a harmonious existence where we can indulge in what
truly makes us human. Now, wouldn't that be a delightful scenario?