[FRIAM] HSBC and IBM do QC for bonds
Marcus Daniels
marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Sep 25 17:45:25 EDT 2025
Strategic incompetence with classical tools leads to salary bonuses in the QC world.
On Sep 25, 2025, at 2:19 PM, Jon Zingale <jonzingale at gmail.com> wrote:
"Either than or the noise is a regularization, and they aren’t getting a quantum benefit but more like a dropout boost."
Ha. I knew I posted to the right channel. I wouldn't have been able to catch that, though I would have imagined various classical regularization parameter sweeps would have been part of the fine-tuning of their null model. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the quantum data transform is supposed to buy, is it effectively a preprocessor for a classical learning model?
.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe / Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives: 5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
1/2003 thru 6/2021 http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20250925/7874d327/attachment.html>
More information about the Friam
mailing list