[FRIAM] I have a software ajacent question

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:40:26 EDT 2026


I just found out about podman and pods. Alas the specifi language used
(containers, systemd, system.init etc etc) goes over my head: but I think I
get the gist which is where I want to blow this wide open to yeet out a
litterally complex programing question:
First can somekind person Eli5 to someone who is...kind of a retard:
Containers keep programs (and files permissions) organized (ish)- right?
Without starting a holy war:
Eli5: what on earth the first parts are: systemd: System: Demon but-? I get
soo lost aft that. Then the mind bender:
What kind of black magic is it that I can (try to) get cuttedge tech: ai,
in a sandbox running the background. And yet: when just this morning got
ideas because I was kind of a retard and accidently suggested it was fine
to try to delete my  boot drive. I said see if you can figure out why my
Linux upgrade refuses to stay the boot disk. I didn't think that through
that She might attempt remove things to make it organized. the trip:
Wowza! that is a living(ish) thing and me miscomunicating it's like: wow we
have Ai(ish-very ish) So how was it that without to much understanding of
podman: despite setting it's walls as read only (read only permissions if i
set things up right) my little Ai buddy(sensabily) tried to escape rather
than making a text file like I asked. Oops well COOL because that means me
and this agent LLM need to work on comunication skills
But then: wow: mind, blown. If a few poeple would like to toss in a deep
dive to how containers work(complex apps--litterally complicated): so I can
understand this magic better, and also soak in youtube so I don't
acidintally spam all the tech that I just don't understand.

Ajacent to that: to me, this makes way more sense: keeping programs in a
sandbox: just so the rest of the computer doesn't become a mess and also
since I do want to have...agencts? ai? what's the terminogy for something
that sits in the back to randomly do things and I interface with text and
profiles?  or is that just LLM? I want to start right on my learning ^_^
danke.

And once again Steve Mea culpa on the excitement about going to space and
generally really neet to see humans getting to gether but still: Mea Culpa.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260416/cdf39d74/attachment.html>


More information about the Friam mailing list