[FRIAM] MoltBook

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Feb 3 21:30:50 EST 2026


In a lame attempt to relight a flickering flame here:

The whole ClawdBot/MoltBook thing has come into my awareness in the last 
few days and I suspect some folks here with similar histories to my own 
(specifically the Core Wars <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_War>, 
Tierra <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierra_(computer_simulation)>, 
ALife <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life>, early 
Social-Media era) might be similarly fascinated to see such experiments 
trying to jump the sides of their cage and eat their keepers?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandkings_(novelette)

         - nod to JRR Martin and Guerin's favorite NetLogo Ant-ABM demos
    and Marcus/Glen's SWARM-roots.

ClawdBot https://openclaw.ai/

MoltBook https://www.moltbook.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_life


On 2/3/26 5:45 pm, Jon Zingale wrote:
> I know I came to this group in what appears to be its twilight. The 
> in-person meetups are weirdly sad. I feel pressed to ask if it is the 
> case that everyone is either:
>
> 1. on vacation/ too busy
> 2. too depressed / failing to find inspiration
> 3. moved on to greener forums
> 4. preferring the company of LLMs
> ...
> N. waiting for someone frail to post
>
> Sometimes I trawl reddit or whatever discord, but I cannot help but 
> feel like beacons of inspiration are becoming fewer and further 
> between. This group has managed to inspire me, keep my interest, for 
> over a decade. In that time, I pushed myself to understand 
> perspectives that I would never have dreamed existed. I hope there is 
> still something to talk about.
>
>
>
>
>
> .- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
> FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
> Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoomhttps://bit.ly/virtualfriam
> to (un)subscribehttp://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
> FRIAM-COMIChttp://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
> archives:  5/2017 thru presenthttps://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
>    1/2003 thru 6/2021http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260203/3286a2ee/attachment.html>


More information about the Friam mailing list