[FRIAM] @fakedonaldtrump

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Aug 18 16:46:58 EDT 2017

Gil -

Thanks for the reference to Anonymous at YouTube.   You can tell I'm an old
fogey by my irritable reaction to the style of their videos.  I felt
like it was created by/for Max Headroom!

I HAVE watched one or two before (over a year ago?) with the same
reaction.   I have a natural (Ithink) mixed reaction to their
bluff/threats... what was that about contacting people in Lagos,
Nigeria?  I didn't think Anonymous were prone to threatening IRL
violence, but rather stayed with what I think of as "targeted vandalism"
in cyberspace?

I'm also (still) confused about how there can ever be a single true
voice for such a by-definition amorphous and distributed and ultimately
defined only by self-definition group?    Some aspects of their
nature/behaviour feels a bit too much like the alt.right they are (in
this moment) going up against.

- Steve

On 8/18/17 2:02 PM, Gillian Densmore wrote