[FRIAM] The root of personality disorders

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 09:14:27 EST 2017

Point taken, Eric.  That is more realistic.  I was making the point that
even for non-psychiatric problems the symptoms (partly) define the
disease.  There are tests like biopsies and cultures of organisms that
confirm the diagnoses of those diagnoses.  Some psychiatric disorders can
be confirmed by biopsy (e.g. Alzheimer's) but they are often done
posthumously.

In my mother-in-law's case they said they thought she had pneumonia.  I
don't remember the details but I know that they tried to drain her chest
but couldn't even insert a tube.  Four weeks after the first symptom she
died.  Of course they had changed the diagnosis early on.  Northwestern
Memorial Hospital, 1984.

Nick will, I hope, explain the paper at Friam.

Frank

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918