[FRIAM] ready for a bonfire?

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Jan 19 12:58:42 EST 2017

The numbers don't really add-up in that article (who would expect them to..) , but at the end of the day a populist isn't going to do things that make him unpopular.   So, I'd expect entitlement spending to stay high and military spending to be even higher.  It's all the rest of the stuff that which supports _civilization_ that can be expected to be destroyed.   Like the endowment for the arts & humanities, public broadcasting, climate & health research, economic development funding (esp. for minorities), and so on.    I expect a regime concerned with short term returns and a lot of meaningless (but destructive) drama to appeal to the most predatory and feral of his supporters.