[FRIAM] !RE: A million tech jobs unfilled

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 12:21:50 EST 2017

Hi, Owen,

Thanks.  I have learned a lot from the blow back.  Apparently Tech jobs have become more siloed in the last decade, so people can get stuck in their soloes (Silos?  Is that like “potato”?)  I have a relative who may be stuck in a silo, even while living in Eastern Mass.  I would think that such a person would take a few months off and do a certificate or a crash course somewhere and emerge in another silo, if the opportunity is as great as it seems to be.   I used to tell my undergraduates, “smart, flexible people will always find work.”  Is that wrong?

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson