[FRIAM] Any non-biological complex systems?

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Sun May 28 12:07:33 EDT 2017

S. G.,

So, what constitutes a system is arbitrary?  In the mind of the beholder?

I remember when we used to argue about this at The Complex.

I always wanted to argue that a system is in some sense “self-bounding”.  It consists of a group of entities that are interacting more intimately with one another than they are with entities outside the system.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/