[FRIAM] Pondering weird english words

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:51:55 EST 2018

Nice! I didn't know the simple sound re- came from so many roots! Might
explain why  Rapier seemingly gets pronounced ree pre ayur (for example)
it's a classic weapon in movies. supposedly for a time
privatteyerrs{spelling- the 15th century marineers tasked with steeling
enemy supplies (latter called privateers and pirates.) used them. I haven't
a clue why.  I have been told it had to do with old habbits and pragmatics.

I wonder if the word Tyre that  became the day tuesday is the same reason
their Tier. Both are associated sounds to move up a latter. I gather in the
case of Tyre it was because he had to give up something (an arm) to move
foward. Or not get eaten according to wikipedia.  I haven't clue if that's
also because of simple mispronouncing a name or sound that somehow became
the defacto way to say it. Surprisling common.
eXspRResso I gather is only eSSpreso. as the popular example.No idea why
people in california added more Are sounds and a Eks sound as well.