[FRIAM] Pondering the slang Adulting

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 11:40:44 EST 2018

Thanks, Glen.  Oh, I see that it has come to mean many things.  Meaning is like that.  But I was curious about its origin.  Was the person who first used the term thinking about the Billie Goats Gruff (WHO'S THAT TRAMPING OVER MY BRIDGE!) [Yes, Owen, I am shouting.}  or was he putting along, at 2 miles an hour, half a sleep in the back of a boat on a quiet Vermont lake?

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson