[FRIAM] Flying down the Ohio Valley

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Sat Sep 29 17:22:11 EDT 2018

Nick,

We can help you match the images clouds to the SkewT diagram with an
Augmented Reality overlay. Right now it is a manual process but we hope to
make it automated in the near future.

As I always have to go back and lookup how to read a Skew-T, is it true
that this is from a single location (Norman, OK) and the x-axis is
temperature and Yaxis pressure (proxy for altitude)?

For manual process:
Take some photos while you're looking out the window with your location
services on (GPS). you may need to hold your phone next to the window to
get a good GPS fix. And make sure your camera is "geocoding" your photos.
It should store lat/long and altitude. The GPS is +- 100 ft with GPS and a
little more accurate with barometer but in a pressurized cabin, the
barometric altitude is not helpful. Right down your flight information as
we can also pull up the flight track and match it to the time of your photo.

You can also try our beta of https://reatlime.earth while you're on the
flight for encoding video and photos. On iphone open it in Safari. On
Android, use Chrome. Take photos using the webpage. Android is a little
better right now as we can use the hires image and record video instead of
just images at video resolution.

-Stephen
Stephen.Guerin at Simtable.com <stephen.guerin at simtable.com>
CEO, Simtable  http://www.simtable.com
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505)995-0206 mobile: (505)577-5828
twitter: @simtable