[FRIAM] "I have no idea what's going on." -- Towelie

glen∈ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed May 22 21:16:54 EDT 2019

Bah! My dad was a pilot. So we flew on "passes" from the time I was born. I've been flying (as mostly a passenger) in 2 seater T-38s, 4 seater excursion flights over glaciers, etc. for my entire life. We even veered off and jumped a couple of runways at SAF with ... a pilot who will remain unnamed back in 2000 or so. I love sitting in the back in those turbo prop puddle jumpers and watching the fuselage torque clock- and counter-clockwise when landing with a heavy crosswind like there in Santa Fe. Of all the ways I've imagined dying since my cancer diagnosis, a plane crash ... or being sucked out a man-sized hole at 40k feet, seem optimal.

The more important issue is that my back and neck problems force me to stay awake in those stupid bucket seats, even if it's a 14 hour red-eye. If I fall asleep and my head tips over, I'll have a neck spasm for the next 4 days, preventing me from turning my head one way or the other. So, the question is: You can *avoid* reading on airplanes?!?!? Luckily, in our upcoming trip, we'll be on an Airbus, instead of a Boeing. Boeing seats SUCK!