[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Nov 5 15:02:26 EST 2019

Glen writes:

"But re: avoiding modeling the space between the -isms, I'd argue that sometimes (only sometimes), it's best to leave the interstitial space unmodeled to avoid biasing the integration."

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."    The space unmodeled could contain a configuration (a new Ism) that is has better properties than the existing configurations, and the available observations are just what has been found so far.    If one is unable or unwilling to compress to commonalities -- to unify -- then one cannot anticipate novelty either.    I have 500 channels of crap on cable (more, I guess), and I don't really need to watch it all to appreciate the exceptions to this.

Marcus