[FRIAM] query and observation

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:59:13 EDT 2019

Straw man:

Nick:  People don't think, they only behave.

Frank:  You reached that conclusion by thinking.

Nick:  You presume to have observed my reaching the conclusion.

Frank:  I am certain your mind works like mine.

Nick:  How could you know that?  You are a Cartesian.

Frank:  And proud of it.

Nick:  People don't feel; they infer their feelings from their behavior.
They recognize hunger from eating or food seeking behavior.

Frank:  I know I'm hungry from feeling hungry.  I could feel hungry while
totally still, with no observable behavior.

Nick:  No because...

Etc., etc....

No resolution to date.

Frank Wimberly