[FRIAM] quickening

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Sep 12 20:44:31 EDT 2019

Jon -

Congratulations on your fresh parentage...  the perfect (long) moment to
consider many issues around the meaning of life, consciousness, etc. (as
you are).

Of note it is interesting what you juxtapose:   Playing D&D with someone
who you are also (out of band from the game) discussing phenomenology
and mind.   I've never played D&D but have a vague sense of the culture
and experience and anecdotally know it to be incredibly immersive for
those who allow themselves to trance into it as it were.

Interesting also perhaps is the implication of that in the light of the
Hoffman/Veridical thread?

- Steve