[FRIAM] Unmediated perception - sheldrake

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Sep 17 17:36:00 EDT 2019

Sure, it's an instinct, a sub-conscious driver just below the surface.  It is not something I would really try to defend.
It would go something like, "Look, here you are [random academic sucking up resources on the backs of struggling families] writing all these papers that almost no one reads.   Why don't you make something that _works_ and go the last 70% of the way?   Not only do your oration and presentation skills fill me with suspicion and impatience, the very fact you are doing research without development just clogs up digital repositories with mostly useless crap.  Get a real job and get off my lawn!"   :-)