[FRIAM] invoking quantum woo (was Book publishing advice needed)

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 13:40:27 EDT 2020

Nick,

It has been said that Newton's mechanics "explain nothing and describe
everything", where Leibniz's monads "explain everything and describe
nothing". With regards to Newton, this position seems a bit strong to me.
His *description* of falling bodies describes (in a forward direction, say)
by assuming the geometry of the greeks and tracing the paths of bodies. With
a beer or two in me, I could argue that his *explanation* of falling bodies
explains (in the reverse direction) by comparing the trajectory of his
falling body to the trajectory of our own Earth and moon and then claim that
this is *because* Earths and moons are like Euclid's point and connected by
Euclid's line. Is this just bad thinking?

Jon

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/