[FRIAM] better simulating actual FriAM

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:32:16 EDT 2020

I don't know quite how to parse this. By "original gen-phen distinction", do you simply mean DNA->RNA? What do you mean by "original"? And would reverse transcription imply information flow from phen to gen?

FWIW, when I talk about downward causation, I'm not assuming irreducible phenomena (strong emergentism). Mostly, I think of landscape change. Just to prove I am reading it [⍢], I'll cite EricS' (and Morowitz') hierarchy of matter phases, wherein as the temperature goes down, prior freezes set the context for what *could* be the case for future freezes. That's a macro thing constraining the micro thing. It doesn't seem so much to me like "information traveling" as limited freedom ... a weak kind of forcing structure. But if we talk in terms of variability/uncertainty/wiggle, then it sounds a bit like a *loss* of information. Downward causation from macro to micro might map well to a reduction in the information content of the micro. There would have to be some transient, though. Before the macro constraints were strong enough, the information content was high. After they are strong enough, the micro content is lower. Is a reduction in information, itself, information? 2nd order information?

[⍢] [In]Comprehension notwithstanding.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ