[FRIAM] square land math question

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:10:36 EDT 2020

Well, as I tried to point out, I have a tough time understanding nonstandard math. The actuality of infinities seems to have been handled by Cantor and infinitesimals seem to have been fully justified by Conway and Robinson. But I don't understand much about *how* they built up that infrastructure.

Whether the output of division is different from its input or identical to its input doesn't prevent me from applying the function. As I said, it's similar to 1. If I divide X by 1, I get X. So, X is clearly "divisible", even if it has no "parts" ... whatever "part" might mean ... to you or Euclid. >8^D

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ