[FRIAM] square land math question

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Jul 23 16:00:21 EDT 2020

Glen -

Can you illuminate us as to what treating the *location* of a point as a
*quantity* and demonstrating that the quantity can be divided
arithmetically adds to the meaning of a point?

While a point and a vector in R^n might be described by the same tuple,
dividing the numeric elements of the tuple does not "partition" the
point, it merely scales the vector which is quite useful, but I'm not
sure if in any way doing so has any meaning that could be construed as
having "divided" the point?

I think Euclid's geometry is pretty "standard math"?

- Steve