[FRIAM] square land math question

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Jul 23 12:48:21 EDT 2020

Glen -

> Ha! I can't pardon the tone because the authority is simply wrong. Besides, asserting such things with no justification is not merely a tone.

Can you unpack that in the light of Euclid's definition of a point, to
whose authority I presume Frank was deferring/invoking.

I'm curious if this is a matter of dismissing/rejecting Euclid and his
definitions in this matter, or an alternative interpretation of his text?

    αʹ. Σημεῖόν ἐστιν, οὗ μέρος οὐθέν. 1. A point is that of which there
    is no part

I'm always interested in creative alternative interpretations of
intention and meaning, but I'm not getting traction on this one (yet?)