[FRIAM] Acid epistemology - Eric Help!!!!

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Mar 10 14:15:14 EDT 2020

Glen writes:

<   I disagree, but maybe only because I'm trying to generalize into categories of experience. For example, you can put your body into a ketogenic state (assuming it's not all pseudoscience) by exercising long enough, burning all the available glucose and begin burning ketones. You can do this by running long distances *or* by fasting for long periods. In principle, then, we might be able to achieve the same (or similar) state by 2 methods: intense exercise or intense fasting. >

I don't have reason to think the experience I have in mind has to do with metabolism, because it is relatively consistent whether or not I am glycogen depleted.   30 minutes wouldn't be enough to do that.   30 minutes is about what it takes to be comfortable, e.g. stable thermal regulation.

Marcus